Come to the Wakeline Room of the Wellesley Main Library on Sunday March 7 at 2 pm for a lecture on the Women-Led Peace Group of Wajir, Kenya. In the Northeast corner of Kenya, three tribes engaged in violent warfare throughout the 1990’s and early 2000’s. In the small town of Wajir, a group of women emerged as the leaders of a successful, nonviolent, and collective peace movement. Presenter Emma Reinhardt, director of HERvoices, will facilitate audience participation to present profiles of the women and girls who led the movement. Co-sponsored by World of Wellesley and Wellesley Free Library. Recommended for ages 14+.
Search Our Blog
- WellesleyWeston Magazine Celebrates Our 50th Issue! on
- Laurie Gorelick to Participate in Designer Show House on
- Wellesley Dental Group’s 9th Annual Community Candy Drive on
- Mercedes-Benz of Burlington Wins 2015 Mercedes-Benz Best of the Best Dealer Recognition Award on
- Princess Corsini Lecture at Elm Bank on