Join Greater Boston’s business leaders and restaurant community to help end homelessness for good
Date: Thursday, May 3, 2012
Time: 6:00 pm
Location: The State Room, 60 State Street, Boston
On any given night, there are more than 7,000 homeless people in Greater Boston, including 3,000 children.
Sadly, not since the Great Depression have so many families been homeless. The number of homeless families is staggering and offers a glimpse into the depth of the affordable housing conundrum.
Heading Home’s annual Housewarming Event is the organization’s largest fundraiser of the year. Last year’s event raised over $600,000 to support programs to end family homelessness. This year’s event again includes food samplings from Greater Boston’s finest restaurants and a live auction.
Auction items include:
- Walk the red carpet at the Hollywood premier of TED, the Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis movie filmed in Boston last year
- Enjoy a $5,000 shopping spree at Shreve, Crump & Low with CEO David Walker as your personal shopping advisor; or
- Secure a spot for a child to assist the Boston Celtics during their warm-ups at a home game next season.
Sample food from the following Boston restaurants:
- Bistro du Midi
- Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse
- The Fireplace
- Grill 23 & Bar
- Highland Kitchen
- Kickass Cupcakes
- Lolita Cocina & Tequila Bar
- Market by Jean-Georges
- North 26 Restaurant & Bar
- Post 390
- Smith & Wollensky
- Spiga Ristorante
- The State Room
Event Co-Chairs: Brian Kavoogian, Charles River Realty Investors
Jack Sebastian, Goldman, Sachs & Co.
Master of Ceremonies: Andrew Maher, Equity Office
- Adage Capital Management, L.P.
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities
- Robert & Michelle Atchinson
- The Beal Companies, LLP
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- CB Richard Ellis
- Charles River Realty Investors
- Tom Coleman
- Cushman & Wakefield
- Jon & Margot Davis
- Equity Office
- Fischman, Saperstone & Simon Families
- John & Mary Fowler
- Gary & Jill Hatton
- JDL Corporate Interiors
- John Moriarty & Associates
- Lake Contracting Inc.
- Margulies Perruzzi Architects
- Jeff Nedelman
- Thomas A. Pappas Charitable Foundation
- Putnam Investments
- Richards Barry Joyce & Partners, LLC
- David & Louise Weinberg
- Whitham/Keefe Foundation
- Frank & Paula Zavrl
About Heading Home
Since 1974, Heading Home has been working to end homelessness in Greater Boston by providing a supported pathway to self-sufficiency that begins with a home, combined with critical services such as life skills, financial literacy, and job training. Due to a continued surge in family homelessness, Heading Home has emerged as the area’s go-to solution provider for homeless families; last year Heading Home served more than 2,000 people and successfully placed 223 families into permanent housing. For more information, visit www.headinghomeinc.org.