North Hill, the next evolution in senior living, has announced its Spring/Summer line-up of True North Courses and Events, with seven classes and programs designed to enrich the lives of active older adults throughout the area.
“Lifelong learning is a vital part of life at North Hill, and the True North Courses & Events program allows us to expand our offerings to neighboring communities,” said Paul Duffy, Community Development Director for North Hill. “We’re excited to offer so many ways for seniors to learn, engage and pursue their passions in the coming months.”
The Spring/Summer semester includes:
- Book Launch: Retirement on the Line with author, Olin Professor Caitrin Lynch, and several of the Needham-area seniors featured in the book. Thursday, May 3 at 5:30 p.m. in Needham.
- Music Series: Chamber Evolution, a journey into string chamber music for quintet and sextet with players from A Far Cry Chamber Orchestra. Tuesday, May 15 at 7 p.m. in Weston.
- The Kennedy Brothers Speak, a look at the rhetoric which defined John F., Robert and Ted Kennedy, as well as a generation of Americans. Tuesday, May 29 at 10 a.m. in Brookline. In honor of this special date — John F. Kennedy’s 95th birthday — the program includes a special tour of the late President’s birthplace.
- Religion Builds a Cultural Icon: Boston’s Trinity Church, exploring the Trinity’s funding, construction, features and place in American history. Tuesday, June 5 at 10 a.m. in Copley Square, Boston.
- Masters of Mass Media: Paley, Luce, Murrow, Cronkite. Tuesday, June 12 at 10 a.m. in Wellesley.
- Explore the Beauty of Summer, a guided walk at the Mass Audubon Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary. Tuesday, June 26 at 10 a.m. in Natick.
- Seeds Alive! Grandparents and Grandchildren in the Vegetable Garden, a very special intergenerational experience, for all Nanas, Poppas, Grannies and their grandkids to enjoy together. Tuesday, July 17 at 9:30 a.m. in Wellesley.
All classes and events are free, though some feature limited enrollment. Open to vibrant older adults in Needham, Wellesley, Newton and throughout Boston’s MetroWest.
For details or to enroll online, visit www.TrueNorthEvolution.org/Courses. Registrations also are welcome by phone at 781-433-6400.
ABOUT NORTH HILL: North Hill provides opportunities for vibrant living from its campus on the Needham/Wellesley line. Founded in 1984, a combination of location, the innovative Life Care financial model and exceptional quality in healthcare and hospitality service have made North Hill one of the most sought-after retirement communities in Massachusetts. The North Hill vision is to be the leading provider of the most progressive, personalized healthcare and hospitality services to older adults in the Northeast. To learn more, visit www.NorthHill.org.